Full Pilates Instructor Training Course
This full Pilates instructor training course covers Studio Equipment & the YMCA Level 3 Diploma in Teaching Pilates.
The qualification is aimed at individuals who want to teach Pilates.
No formal pre-requisite is required. Learners need to be 18 or over to complete this qualification.
On completion, this qualification will allow entry to REP’s at Level 3 Pilates Mat Instructor
Where & when?
08 Jan 2017 - 17 Dec 2017
How will I learn?
Face to face tuition and blended learning, including supported eLearning and guidance
Course fee £4500
Registration & Certification £180
The Course & Objectives
The course provides a secure grounding in applied and functional anatomy and the principles of the Pilates method, along with knowledge of an extensive range of exercises. At the same time, it encourages creative and individual teaching styles that are effective and inspirational.
The course reflects the adaptability of the Pilates method:
- It is taught by experienced tutors
- Extensive knowledge of the Pilates repertoire on the Mat
- Extensive knowledge of the Reformer, Cadillac, Wunda Chair
- It focuses on integrating the Pilates technique gradually
- An in depth thorough personal and physical understanding of the Pilates Method
- 4 Lectures:
- 10 students per course
Course Content: YMCA Level 3 Diploma in Teaching Pilates
- The history of Pilates and the Pilates Method
- Classical and evolved repertoire
- Modification, Progression and Adaptation
- Applied anatomy
- Movement and physical analysis
- Teaching and communication skills
- Hands-on techniques
- Structuring classes for groups and individuals
- Personal development and body awareness
- Case Study
- YMCA eLearning Level 2 Mandatory Units
- YMCA eLearning Level 3 Anatomy and Physiology
Course Content: Studio Equipment
- Classical and evolved Mat Pilates
- Wunda Chair
- Arc Barrel
When you have successfully completed the YMCA Level 3 Diploma in Teaching Pilates course, you will be awarded:
- The YMCA Level 3 Diploma in Teaching Pilates Certification and
- The Pilates Advanced Training School Level 3 in Teaching Mat Pilates Certification
- The Pilates Advanced Training School Studio Equipment Certification
This will certify you to teach the Pilates method in the UK, Europe and Australasia. These certifications will enable you to gain entry to the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs) as a Level 3 Pilates Instructor.