YMCA Level 3 Diploma in Teaching Pilates
The qualification is aimed at individuals who want to teach Pilates.
No formal pre-requisite is required. Learners need to be 18 or over to complete this qualification.
On completion, this qualification will allow entry to REP’s at Level 3 status.
Where & when?
7 January - 25 March 2018
15 April - 1 July 2018
16 September - 2 December 2018
Practical - 12 days
How will I learn?
Face to face and blended learning, supported eLearning and guidance
Registration & Certification £180
The Course & Objectives
The course provides a secure grounding in applied and functional anatomy and the principles of the Pilates method. At the same time, it encourages creative and individual teaching styles that are effective and inspirational.
The course reflects the adaptability of the Pilates method:
- Taught by experienced tutors
- Focuses on integrating the Pilates technique gradually
- An in depth thorough personal and physical understanding of the Pilates method
- 10 students per course
- The history of Pilates and the Pilates Method
- Classical repertoire
- Modification, Progression and Adaptation
- Movement and physical analysis
- Teaching and communication skills
- Hands-on techniques
- Structuring classes for groups and individuals
- Personal development and body awareness
- Case Study
- YMCA eLearning Level 2 Mandatory Units
- YMCA eLearning Level 3 Anatomy and Physiology
When you have successfully completed the YMCA Level 3 Diploma in Teaching Pilates course, you will be awarded:
- The YMCA Level 3 Diploma in Teaching Pilates Certification
- The Pilates Advanced Training School Level 3 in Teaching Pilates Certification
This will certify you to teach the Pilates method in the UK, Europe and Australasia.
These certifications will enable you to gain entry to the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs) as a Level 3 Pilates Instructor.