Pre & Post Natal Instructor Training Course
Published on: 26/11/19
Pre & Post Natal Instructor Training - 2 Day Course
10.30am - 5.00pm Saturday 7 November
9.00am - 5.00pm Sunday 8 November
Course Fee £300
To book your place email firstname.lastname@example.org
This course integrates progressions and adaptations to meet the biomechanical demands in exercise programming for the pregnant and post pregnant client/s.
In-depth focus on Core Knowledge, Breathing Techniques and Three Trimester Programming are based on the Pilates Method.
The course will cover:
1. Describe the basic anatomical and physiological changes that occur during pregnancy and identify the effects these will have on a woman’s participation in exercise.
2. Encourage participation in exercise during and after pregnancy by identifying the benefits of exercise during these times.
3. Relate the anatomical and physiological changes of pregnancy to exercise for those women accustomed and women unaccustomed to exercise.
4. Give sound practical advice to pre and post natal women on exercise during and after pregnancy.
5. Recognise contraindications for these women to exercise and encourage women to consult/seek advice from their health professionals.
1. Advise pre and post natal women on specific problem areas, e.g. pelvic floors.
2. dentify the risks associated with specific exercises and recognise the importance of correct exercise technique.
3. Adapt exercise according to the needs of the specialist participants for those women who are accustomed and unaccustomed to exercise.